The All-on-4 dental procedure is a distinctive approach to dental implants that differs from traditional methods in a number of ways, providing a multitude of benefits for those seeking a comfortable, durable, and aesthetic dental solution for many missing teeth.
How All-on-4 is Different
- Fewer Implants Required: Unlike traditional dental implants that might require an implant for each missing tooth, the All-on-4 technique uses just four implants to support an entire arch of teeth. This significantly reduces the surgical procedure’s complexity and the associated recovery time.
- Immediate Functionality: Traditional implant procedures involve multiple stages and a substantial healing period before the final restoration is placed. With All-on-4, patients receive a temporary denture on the day of surgery, enabling immediate function.
- No Need for Bone Grafting: Typically, dental implants require bone grafting if the patient lacks sufficient bone density. However, the All-on-4 method strategically places the implants at an angle, utilizing denser parts of the jawbone, and eliminating the need for bone grafting. Since bone grafting requires more time and expense, this significantly reduces costs and speeds up the dental restoration process.
The Benefits of the All-on-4 Procedure
- Improved Quality of Life: The All-on-4 procedure offers a fixed and permanent dental restoration solution that looks, feels, and functions much like natural teeth. This enhances not only the client’s appearance, but also the patient’s comfort and confidence when eating, speaking, and smiling.
- Preservation of Jawbone: By replacing missing tooth roots, All-on-4 dental implants help prevent bone loss in the jaw, preserving the facial structure and maintaining a more youthful appearance.
- Cost-Effective: Given that fewer dental implants are required and there’s no need for bone grafting, the All-on-4 procedure is more cost-effective than traditional dental implant procedures when replacing an entire arch of teeth.
To find out if the All-on-4 solution is for you, contact Palm Spring’s Tahquitz Dental for a personal consultation today!